Let Us Help You Protect and NURTURE YOUR MIND-CHILD®
Welcome to Delain Law Office, PLLC, where we, as of January 2024, are celebrating 20 years of helping you protect and NURTURE YOUR MIND-CHILD®. We’re a law firm located in both the virtual world and Schenectady, New York, dedicated to safeguarding, managing, and monetizing your intellectual property for and with you.
As an intellectual property law firm, we focus on overseeing and working for the registration and protection of your intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights. We then work to help you NURTURE YOUR MIND-CHILD® by turning these valuable ideas into profits.
If you need help with general business matters, such as forming and maintaining corporations and LLCs, creating contracts, addressing compliance issues, or buying and selling businesses, we’ve got you covered. We also help with succession planning and closing businesses.
Here’s what we do:
Intellectual Property Protection
- We ensure your intellectual property is safe and secure
- We help you protect your inventions, business goodwill, and works of authorship using patent, trademark, copyright, and more
- We help you know what you’ve got with an Intellectual Property Audit
- Monetizing Your Intellectual Property
- We help you license your intellectual property: patent, copyright, trademark
- We help you explore franchising options and handle the legalities of franchise
- We help you figure out the best ways to profit from your creative assets
- Business Law Services
- We help establish and manage the legal aspects of business entities
- We’re skilled in contract creation, negotiation and drafting
- Our advice supports your business leadership decisions
- We help with business growth, sales and planning for the future of the business and of you, the owner.
- Personal bankruptcy described here
Our goal is to promote your business interests, especially when it comes to helping you NURTURE YOUR MIND-CHILD®. As your intellectual property lawyer and business law firm, we take the time to fully understand your intellectual property portfolio (including but not limited to your technology, inventions, writings, works of authorship, logos/tag lines/trademarks, and more) and business objectives (startup concerns, growth, sales goals, market, and more). We sustain this relationship with timely, effective, and efficient legal services, serving clients ranging from startups to mid-sized companies
Feel free to contact us at 518-371-4599 for more information.
Curious to know what our clients have said about us?
Check out Nancy Delain’s appearances on various podcasts and other audiovisual media, where she shares her expertise in IP and business law.
- 6/28/2022 SendItRising.com Interview with Nancy Delain
- 2/16/2023 Women We Should Know with Lesley Michaels Interview with Nancy Delain: You and Your Intellectual Property
- 10/18/2023 Knack 4 Business Is Your Intellectual Property Mind-Child Well Protected?
- 11/7/2023 Doing Business With a Servant’s Heart with Steve Ramona Interview with Nancy Delain: The Importance of Intellectual Property for Businesses”
- 1/25/2024 20 Minutes of Copyright (talk given to VANGNE, a networking group to which I belong)
- 2/1/2024 17 Minutes of Trade Secrets (talk given to VANGNE, a networking group to which I belong)
January 2024: Delain Law Office, PLLC celebrates 20 years of helping you, our clients, NURTURE YOUR MIND-CHILD®! In celebration thereof, we are donating 20% of our new-client fees during January and February to charity! When a new paying client comes in, we will provide a choice of charities; the new client can pick one and only one, and the one with the most votes as of 1 March will receive a donation.
11 July 2022: Be sure to check out Nancy’s videos — mostly short — on intellectual property and business law here. Subscribe to our channel or check back often; we frequently add more videos.
24 May 2022: Nancy’s article on whether or not (and when) an attorney should dabble in areas of law that are not part of that attorney’s usual practice appears in this month’s “One to One,” a publication of the New York State Bar Association. Here’s the link to the article (please scroll to page 10 to read the article).
24 May 2022: We’re still, and will probably be forevermore, meeting by Zoom or by telephone, with VERY limited exceptions. You can schedule your appointment using the links on the Appointments page. When we meet on Zoom, you will undoubtedly meet one of the office cats: Jazzy, Gus, Linus, Lucy, Scalia and/or Ginsburg; especially Lucy, Linus and Gus MUST appear on every Zoom meeting.
1 June 2021: Our logo is now a registered service mark, as is our tagline.
2 May 2017: Delain Law Office, PLLC received the Small Business Excellence Award for 2017 in Albany, NY. Given annually by the Small Business Administration, this award “…recognize[s] businesses based on their longevity, innovation, sales growth, increased employment, ability to overcome adversity or community contributions.” Here is a video of Nancy’s acceptance speech.
20 June 2016: Nancy was admitted to the bar of the Supreme Court of the United States.
NURTURE YOUR MIND-CHILD® and the brain-child logo are registered trademarks of Delain Law Office, PLLC and Nancy Baum Delain.
All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
The content of this site is ©2005, 2023, Delain Law Office, PLLC, except as noted. All rights reserved.